Cher
Cher, #1 JustAnswer Spanish Expert/Mentor
Experience:  Spanish Teacher & Tutor 35+ years Experience; Masters Degree Spanish/Education; Translator
1470369

Do you know about the short stories for 389808,389809,389810

Customer Question

Do you know about the short stories for 389808,389809,389810 and 389812 for pennfoster exams can you please help me
Category: Spanish
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.

I would be happy to help you. Can you tell me exactly what parts you need from these exams? I know on 812 there are various stories that come from the audio cd's. If you can tell me which one(s) you need, I can help you with the answers.

Please give me the instructions from the exam and/or the number of the 'Parts' and I'll know which are the 'short stories' parts of these exams. One exam (I think it's 810) has two poems that need to be written out in Spanish and translated.....Do you need this, as well?

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Exam 38980900

Part 4—Listening Comprehension

Directions: Listen to this short story called "What ought a man to do on earth?"—¿Qué debe hacer sobre la tierra un hombre? You will hear the story two times. After listening to the story, answer these questions.

17. How many ministers did the king have?

A. 2

B. 3

C. 5

D. 6

18. What question does the king ask his ministers?

A. How should we reduce the country's debt?

B. How should we put that man to death?

C. What should a man do on earth?

D. In what creative new ways shall I tax my peasants?

19. How does the first minister answer the king's question?

A. Hang him from a bar.

B. He should work.

C. Export our butter.

D. Tax their income-other countries are doing it.

20. How does the last minister answer the king's question?

A. Man's purpose on earth is to be happy and make others happy.

B. Roast him alive.

C. The current way is better.

D. My king, have you considered taxing inheritance?

Exam 389808

Your listening comprehension skills will be tested in this examination. The final section involves

listening to a selection in Spanish. The selection for this examination is the second one on the

listening comprehension tape (Tape 4L) which came with this Instruction pack. Before answering

any of the questions on this exam, set up Tape 4L so that the second selection is ready to play

when you are ready to work on the listening comprehension section.

Part 4

Instructions: Listen to the passage and fill in the blanks with the words that you hear.You’ll hear the

poem two times.

En la 11. ___________ te llamé.

De la oscuridad me llamaste.

Reconocí tu 12. ___________.

Reconociste la mia.

“Vente para acá,” 13. ___________.

Respondiste: “¿Dónde estás, papá? No te 14. ___________ .”

“ 15. ___________ Estoy aquí,” dije.

“Tengo miedo,” dijiste.

“No, 16. ___________ . Espérate. Vengo a donde estás.”

“Está oscuro. No veo 17. ___________. 18. ___________ miedo.”

“No tengas miedo, hijito. 19. ___________ vengo.”

“Pronto, papá. Te 20. ___________

Exam 389812

Your listening comprehension skills will be tested in this examination. The final section

involves listening to a selection in Spanish. The selection for this examination is the sixth

one on the listening comprehension tape (Tape 4L) which came with this fourth shipment.

Before answering any of the questions on this exam, set up Tape 4L so that the sixth selection

is ready to play when you are ready to work on the listening comprehension section.

Part 2—Listening Comprehension

You will hear a story in Spanish. It’s rather lengthy. As you listen to the story, take notes on scrap paper.

Listen a second time, and as you listen, make your notes more complete. In English, summarize the

story in a composition of between ten and twenty sentences. Print or type the final version of your summary

in the appropriate location on the answer sheet provided at the back of this study unit. Do not send

any scrap paper or notes to the school. Send in only your final version.

I got the others just need help with these ones