José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I'm a Finnish citizen and I live in Finland now. I moved out

Customer Question

I'm a Finnish citizen and I live in Finland now. I moved out of Spain in the end of 2015 and cancelled my mobile contract with Orange España by e-mail. I sent all required information and received confirmation that my cancellation e-mail was received.
Yet they kept charging my bank account in Spain and when it ran out of money approached me by e-mail with demands of payment. After my refusal and demand to pay me back what they have overcharged, they are threatening with legal escalation and adding my personal info to "public database".
What are my options?
Category: Spain Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do NOT have any "compromiso de permanencia" in my contract.
Expert:  José M. replied 6 months ago.

Hi there,

José M. spanish atorney

If you can probe you have followed the contractual requirments to cancell your contract, you have anything more to do.

You could contcat them mail or fax, or even better burofax ( spacial mail in Spain ) in order to probe you have done it and demand them to erease all your personal data from they data bases according thespanish personal data law. if you do that, they have to arease all your data from their bases because if they do not do it the bill for them is up to 60.000 euros

So, first we have to study what you did, at if it was good enought write them asking for the ereasement of your personal data

If you make a mistake then, solve it

Thank you

José M spanish atorney