José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Ms Pearl Wilson, JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with

Customer Question

Ms Pearl Wilson,
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Can you, please, help? My friend is in emergency situation in Malaga. He was meant to pay today his tax, but my loan to him arrived too late today and tax office was closed. Can you tell, when that office is opened on Monday and can it be possible that Malaga office can ask 5% extra tax, if payment is 1-2 weeks late?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: He had a project for two weeks there and the last day the tax people came and demanded 15 000 tax. He was able to get it reduced half, but it took time to send it from my country and suddenly tax office demanded it all, which sounds most illegal. He got only orally information of half payment and he has got only with paper that 15 000. He got all that money today, but tax office closed 2 pm(was it so?) Anyway he is now desperated, because he has to pay again 3 nights hotel and sending money to him takes 2-3 days. The problem with his flight is that he cant change it anymore, he has changed three times and he has to buy a new ticket to US. The tax is 3 weeks late now. He cant leave Spain, because he was taken the passport until he pays. He has his 10 years old doughter with friends (widow father), who is desperated, because dad cant come home.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereI need to know more about the caseIn Malaga on Monday is a labour day but in most cases the payments has not to be done in the tax office, they give you a paper to pay in a bankTell me more details and I will do my best to help youThank you