José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

My ex husband and I both live in spain. Whilst we were

Customer Question

My ex husband and I both live in spain. Whilst we were married I inherited a substantial amount of money from my father. We bought a property in joint names with the money. We have since separated. Is my ex entitled to half the property and does he have the right to move back into the property against my wishes
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, José M spanish atorney

Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

You have a good problem with her. If she does not recognice that the hause is really yours, you will be forced to sue her at court. In court she could say that you donate her the half of it. And the judge will have to decide if you relly did or not taking the probes that you two give to him. So, the best for you will be to try to get an agrement with her in order to get your name on the propiety If she refuses, the propiety is legally of both of you, same rights.

Try to get an agrement with her and getting so many probes as you could from the origin of the payments and the money

Please ask what you need. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This does not answer my question. If I can prove that the property was bought with my inheritance does he have a claim. Can he live in the property without my permission
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, legaly the propiety is of both of you

Both of you have the right to live there

It is not matter if you put the money or not to pay, the propiety is on her name and she has the same rights as you have

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

I have send you an offer following the rules of the site

Please accep it in order I could call you. Thank you