José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Dear Sir/Madam, Could you please outline to me the law pursuant

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,

Could you please outline to me the law pursuant to the supply of water to a private home which has a registered disabled person living in the home and under which condition can water supply be turned off?

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXX.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 11 months ago.

José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

Only the water company could cut the ser vice if the person does not pay

José M. :

If somebody alse wares to do it denounce in the police for constrains

José M. :

Try to know if you dont who has cut off and denouncehim forma constrains

José M. :

If the company cut forma unpayment they hace the right to do it

Customer :

Dear Sir,

Further to your response to my earlier inquiry about my water been cut off.

Basically I own a property in a Campo , the Campo is divided into about 600 individual plots of roughly 5,500m2 each.

Of which 188 plots including mine has dwellings on nearly all the other plots are unoccupied.

Water is supplied from a well in which all property owners are suppose to own shares

Each property owner have to purchase their own water meter and pay for it to be connected to the mains and pay for water usage to the Community Property Owners Association by-monthly according m3 usages.

I have had no problem over the years paying for my metered water usage.

However, about 9 weeks ago my water was cut off, because the Community President decided to level an extra charge for a cottage that was the original dwelling when I purchased the property , some fifteen years ago.

Since purchasing the plot and having build a new family dwelling on the property who’s ESCRITURA is registered with the Town’s “ REGISTRO DE LA PROPIEDAD “ on in which it is categorically state that the old cottage is an extension to the new dwelling.

Indeed, I have being paying the metered water charges without fail when presented but have declined to pay the extra charge hence President have decided to cut my water off.

I have tried to complain to the local OMIC who have stated that they cannot look into my complaint because the dispute is between two individuals.

I think that OMIC is saying that in law the Community is an individual??

However, you have stated in your response to me that only a Company have the authority to cut household water supply for non payment of water bill.

Please find herewith below my latest Suma payment and a letter from the Junta’s Secretary who only acts on the President’s direction .

You can clearly see that they are dividing my plot into two namely 82 and now a non-existence 82a to make their illegal demand.

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hola Senor Magadan,

Will you be responding to my above auxiliary statement?

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXX.

Expert:  José M. replied 11 months ago.

I need to know something

You have your own counter and you had paid in all moment

Now they decided that as you have another propiety there and you need a second counter and they have cut off the water of the first one ?

That it is?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Senor Magadan,

How does it work, do you only respond to one question for 38e?

What about my other question?

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXX.

Expert:  José M. replied 11 months ago.

No Sir
I did not see the other one
I am going to answer you what you need
Thank you

I need to know something

That it is?

Expert:  José M. replied 11 months ago.

I need to know something

That it is?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Senor Magadan,

There is one property therefore, there is one meter for electric and one meter for water.

Sincerely,

Carl Lewis

Expert:  José M. replied 11 months ago.
Wel I hope I have understand it
They have make a renew and they ask for more money after it
It is correct?