José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

WE have rented out a property since 2009 and renewed every

WE have rented out a property since 2009 and renewed every 11 month until this year when we wanted to end the agreement on 19th August. We agreed to let it go to the 5 year term which would terminate 19th January 2014 but they are insisting they can remain in it. We need it for our own family use. Can you advise?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

José M. :

Hi

José M. :

José Magadán spanish solicitor

José M. :

Your chance to finish the contract its eavery year on August. You have to notify them your intention to finish the contract 30 days before

José M. :

So, if this year you have et them to stay longer than August they have the right to stay until August 2014. In order to forced to go you have to notify at least 30 days before

José M. :

Once we know that, we could study the chance to demand them in court for the unpayment

José M. :

You need two moths without the rent money and if you got them you could demand them in court and the judge will forced them to go

José M. :

So, he is right and he can stay until August but he must pay you to get the right

José M. :

If he does not pay you two months you will got the chance to evict him

José M. :

I will be here if needed. Thank you

José M. :

Please let me know if you need more help, if not please rate the service positivly, that the way the site pays the expert

José M. :

Thank you

Customer:

Hi, thank you for your response.The contract was for 11 months each year so last year it expired in SEptember lst year, this year it was August. We gave them more than 30 days notice. They pay in arrears and have only just paid their final rent for August. There is no deposit either.

José M. :

Perfect, if the contract ends on August and you notify 30 days before he has to go, or you could demand him in court and he will be evisted and he will have to pay the expenses

José M. :

So, once you have notified and he has the notice and you can probe it send him a new letter telling them to go or you will contarct an attorney to demand them in court

José M. :

In adition you could demand the 500 euros

José M. :

Do you need more help ?

Customer:

Thank you for your help

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney