José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

Hello. I am a 66 year old English woman who just wants to

Hello.
I am a 66 year old English woman who just wants to live simply and peacefully in your beautiful country. I moved into an old house in a small town near Murcia 6 weeks ago.
Since I arrived my neighbour has been harassing and mentally and verbally abusing me. When I first arrived she made unreasonable requests regarding the way I live in my house. I tried to comply with her more reasonable wishes.
Then she progressed to accusing me of spraying toxic chemicals out of my windows to try to kill her. I haven't sprayed anything, anywhere.
This week she is accusing me of being a witch and of casting spells on her. She has started playing religious talks at full volume in English out of her windows - about Sodom and Gomorrah (apparently she is a Jehovah's Witness). It would be funny if it wasn't part of a bigger persecution that is making me very uncomfortable in my own home.
She also bangs on my door and continuously rings the bells and shouts outside several times during the day and night.
I have been to the Guarda Locale. They know the family and say they have a history of mental illness. A policeman visited with a social worker but this made no difference to her behaviour. The police now say they will not do anything unless she is physical violent towards me. The abusive neighbour is looking after her (mentally and physically) sick mother and if they did something about the daughter, then they would have to look after the mother.
It seems to me that the neighbour know exactly what she is doing. I believe she caused problems for the lady who live in my house previously. The neighbour only behaves abusively when no-one else is around. Now I have started carrying a camera with me and I video her behaviour. This has had the effect of modifying her abusive face-to-face behaviour (but not the shouting outside, banging on the door, etc.) - it is also allowing me to collect evidence of her behaviour should I need it in the future.
My questions are
- is there such a thing as a restraining order in Spain, if so, how do I get one against her
- are there any things I should be doing to help the situation? I do not want to retaliate in an aggressive way - it is not my nature. I just want to be left in peace.
Thanks for your help. Marcia
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 11 months ago.

Attorney3044 :

Hi

Attorney3044 :

I am reading his inquire and working on it. Thank you. José M attorney in law

Customer:

Thank you. Will you reply by email?

Attorney3044 :

No, just now, wait please

Customer:

OK

Attorney3044 :

I am terrible sorry for the situation you are now

Attorney3044 :

Well, the defend will be in several steps

Attorney3044 :

First one, denounce in the Police if the neighbour treth you any time, and so many time as he does

Attorney3044 :

Once you put several denounces againts him your attorney could ask for the restraining order

Customer:

To denouce, what evidence do I have to provide?

Attorney3044 :

So, you will need patient and get several facts to denounce and make the denounces at the police station

Attorney3044 :

Its valid all kind of probes that concludes the facts

Attorney3044 :

Video, witness, ans so on

Attorney3044 :

I mean all the ways you could goet in order to probe the behavoiur of him

Customer:

OK - the police have said they will not take action. Can I insist that they do if I denounce her?

Attorney3044 :

And if the police does not take care, denounce in court directly

Customer:

OK, that answers that question.

Attorney3044 :

Thank you

Attorney3044 :

I gently ask for a good rate of my service, its the way the site pays the expert

Attorney3044 :

Thank you and have a good day

Customer:

So I need to collect evidence - I think it will be difficult to get many witnesses as she is very clever about what she does when other people are around. Will my statement be sufficient in some cases?

Attorney3044 :

Yes, in most cases if the facts are serious enought the court could ask him to go and decide. Its the way to get pacefull on neibourhood

Customer:

Thank you - it is good to know that there is a course of action for me.

Attorney3044 :

Most times the denounced gets an small fine in order to stop on facts

Attorney3044 :

Sure you have chance to defend your self

Attorney3044 :

Denounce her and do it somany times you need

Customer:

Thanks again. You will get a good rating.

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney