José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

i am currently renting a country house in spain on an 11 month

i am currently renting a country house in spain on an 11 month contract the landlord has given me 30 days notice to leave which is in the contract, but feel this is unfair given the time of year and all other suitable properties are currently rented for the holidays. Do i have any rights to stay. The landlord also owes me €1500 for repair to the pool which he agreed to pay.

Attorney3044 :

Hi

Attorney3044 :

Spanish law says that the contract has to be made for less than 12 months or at least 3 years. In your case the landlord knows that he can make it for 11 months and let you go or to make a new contract for another 11 months if he wants

Attorney3044 :

So, he has the right to do what he is doing and I am sorry to have to tell you that you can do anything to stay, legaly

Attorney3044 :

In you want to stay you should try to make a new contract with him in the conditions you could negotiate with him, but if he refuses to make it you could do anything more to stay

Attorney3044 :

I am sorry for the bad news but this is that I have to tell you knowing the law in Spain

Attorney3044 :

I will be here if you need more information

Attorney3044 :

José M. atorney in Spain

Customer:

he wants us to leave as he says he wants to move back into the property, but i know he wants to sell. He has only given me notice via email and not in writing can i use this to delay as i understand that he has to give in writing stating the full details of the property.

Attorney3044 :

He has the right to do and honestly I have to tell you that you can do anything againts him legaly

Attorney3044 :

You could stay in the house longer but finally he will demand you in court and you will get expenses and legal problems

Attorney3044 :

I recomend you to go when he forces you to do it with out more problems

Customer:

ok many thanks

Attorney3044 :

Thank you

Attorney3044 :

I gently ask for a good rate of my service

Attorney3044 :

Its the way the site pays me. Have a good day