José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Can anyone make use of the electricity line and pylons that

Can anyone make use of the electricity line and pylons that we paid to install to bring electricity to our house in the campo? We paid €45.000 to bring electricity to the house from the nearest village five years ago and now a neighbour is taking electricity from the line we installed. Is this legal?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Attorney3044 :

Hi

Attorney3044 :

Its completaly ilegal and it is a criminal ofence

Attorney3044 :

If he is taking without your autorithation he is stoling you

Attorney3044 :

Denounce him in the closer police station

Customer:

I was told that anyone can use the apoyos and cable after a period of five years. So is this not true then? Does the law not allow the use of electricity installations after a period of time?

Attorney3044 :

If you paid for that its your

Attorney3044 :

He has noright to use it

Attorney3044 :

If he has contrcat the light the company should pay you

Attorney3044 :

If he has no contracted with a company he is stoling you

Attorney3044 :

Do you know if he has his own consum counter ?

Attorney3044 :

If he has not he is stoling you for sure

Attorney3044 :

If he has the company has to pay you for the use of your own wires

Customer:

We did, our house and one other new house shared the cost of €45.000. Now this third house is getting our line from the village without paying anything for the original installation (which he refused to join with us at the time). Now he thinks he can take the electricity from our line and apopyos without paying anything.

Customer:

Yes he will install his own metre for the electricity. That is not the issue. The question is if he can use the linea and apoyos we installed?

Attorney3044 :

No he can no used your wires, he has to pay for that

Attorney3044 :

You could denounce him if he is stoling power or demand in court if he is using your wires without your autorithation

Customer:

Okay, thank you. I will go and talk to the local electricity supplier who installed our wire and apoyos to see what he says before going to the Guardia.

Attorney3044 :

Ok pefect

Attorney3044 :

Please do not forget to rate the service positevily :)

Attorney3044 :

Its the way the site pays me

Attorney3044 :

Thank you

Customer:

Muchas gracias! I will.

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney