José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Im european, 63 year old aircraft mechanic,which had been

Im european, 63 year old aircraft mechanic,which had been working in the USA for the same company for 13 years.They opened up a new facility in Valencia airport last september,and offerd me a job,I signed a 2 year contract.Everything was in so much hurry when I was in the states that I had to almost give all my furniture and vehicles,and get a landlord to take care of renting out my house,I left two of my dogs,which I was going to ship over here later.They hire a company called Cartus to handle the transfer,all the transfer I payed with my own credit card,than Cartus was suppose to refund it to my account,and Im still dealing with them.There was barely anything to do the first 2 months,and still very slow.The nervous break down I came out of in 7 weeks,with no pay ,I no I have to stay in the country for 6 months to be able to get payed,and Im not complaining about that.Last week I got much pain in my hips and went to an X-RAy and found that I had a pinched nerve or arthritis and was put on 7 days sick leave.After visiting my doctor see told me to go to work tomorrow,Im still in pain and going to some specialist in umivale in Amussafes to morrow,so I vent to work to tell my boss I needed to take a day of vacation tomorrow because of that.He took me in to his office and start blaming me for taking so much time of,by counting vacation days and sick leave recommended by my doctor,and other kinds of talk I don't want to mention now.I got this job offer due to my experience,and if I did not finish the 2 year contract Im going to have to pay back the transfer cost.I can not help if I get sick or not,and did not like the way he was taking to me.Does he have any right to do that????,I feel like I have been saving the company money,because there is no need for 24 people to stand around most of the time,I got so mad that I am ready to retire.

Attorney3044 :

Hi Sir

Attorney3044 :

In Spain you do not have to ask for a permission to go to see the doctor in advance. You just go and send a probe that you did it to the company

Attorney3044 :

You have the right to go to see the doctor as many times as you need

Attorney3044 :

The company can tell anything about it

Attorney3044 :

In order to get an indemnizatio for the expenses you have got there is no legal way to manage

Attorney3044 :

I am going to advice you to get the convenio colectivo which rules the activity in your company and study it

Attorney3044 :

You will find there the rights you got for holidays, time to see doctors, and so on

Attorney3044 :

Do not get upset with that, just study your rights and do not let they to disturb you ant more

Attorney3044 :

As an american citizen you will find a lot of rights here in Spain that you do not have in the states. Rights than the company has to respect

Attorney3044 :

So do not let them to say you more rubbish about if you could or could not go to the doctor and do not ask for a holiday. You have the right to go so many times as you need

Attorney3044 :

I will be here if needed

Attorney3044 :

Thank you

Customer:

Im a european citizen

Attorney3044 :

Hi Sir,I thought you were american

Attorney3044 :

But its just the same, you have rights he has to respect

Customer:

I have dual citezenship,Im icelandic

Attorney3044 :

Get your convenio colectivo a learnt your rights

Customer:

What is convene collective?

Attorney3044 :

Convenio colectivo Its the law which rules your rights

Attorney3044 :

Every company has its own convenio colectivo

Customer:

Thank you I will Google that

Attorney3044 :

You have to ask wich is yours and study it

Attorney3044 :

I could try, but it will be in spanish

Customer:

Thats fine I will have somebody to read that for me

Attorney3044 :

let me some minutes

Customer:

Im going to see what happen tomorrow at umivale

Attorney3044 :

May be this link or similar

Attorney3044 :

http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2012/08/03/pdfs/BOE-A-2012-10462.pdf

Customer:

thanks

Attorney3044 :

Thank you Sir

Attorney3044 :

I gently ask for a good rate of my service

Attorney3044 :

Thank you

Customer:

Let me wright down the link first

Attorney3044 :

Sure, no problem