José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

I worked for my previous employer for just over 6 years,when

Customer Question

I worked for my previous employer for just over 6 years,when my contract finished I was entitled to 2 yrs paro. I only claimed paro for 5 months and started work again. I have worked with my new employer since 4/6/2012 but will be finishing there on 31/5/2013. Previously I was paid €1087 paro per month. How much would my paro be the next time I claim and how long will it be payable for. I started work in Spain on 6/11/2005 and only claimed the paro for those 5 months. Thank you
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Attorney3044 :

You have 720 days of paro again and you will get paid 70 per cent of your base reguladora during the first 180 days and 50 per cent the rest of the time

Attorney3044 :

Base reguladora its the sume of the bases de cotizacion of the last 180 worked days divided between 180

Attorney3044 :

In your nomina you willl get how much have you oaid for unumpleyment and this are the data you need to know your base reguladora

Attorney3044 :

At least you have to get 915 per month minimum

Attorney3044 :

I will be here if needed

Attorney3044 :

Thank you

Customer: I know it will be the maximum €1087 as my base is over €3000. Will my paro be reduced to the 50% even though my daily rate should be higher but is less because I exceed the maximum allowed
Attorney3044 :

Yes

Attorney3044 :

The first 180 days will be 70 per cent and the rest of the time 50 per cent

Customer: My friend who worked with me previously couldn't find another job but I returned to my new job after 5months, however his paro of €1087 has never reduced in 17 months
Attorney3044 :

Read in this site how it works but be carefull because the last legal cange has reduced the 60 per cent until 50 per cent

Attorney3044 :

http://www.oecd.org/els/soc/29729431.PDF

Customer: I also got a fine of 1 months loss of paro,deducted in 5 stages,this was because I didn't attend a meeting at the inem office,they said they sent a notification which I didn't receive,I complained but nothing was done. I lost €200 from my monthly payment but the returned to work so no more paro was paid,will they continue with this fine when I make my new paro clain
Customer: Thank you for all your help,even though I have only been in this job just under 1 year I will again have my 720 days paro is that correct ?
Attorney3044 :

Yes, thats correct

Attorney3044 :

You have again 720 days

Customer: Thank you
Attorney3044 :

thank you

Attorney3044 :

have a good day

Customer: You too
Attorney3044 :

please do not forget to rate positively my service in order to get paid from the site ;)

Attorney3044 :

If you do not do it the site does not pay me :(

Customer: Sorry do you know if my previous paro fine will continue ?
Customer: I will rate you,thank you
Attorney3044 :

No, usualy the fine its one time, no more

Attorney3044 :

Ask whatever you need, I will be here

Customer: Thank you,it's just that I only had €200 deducted as I started work and no more paro was paid
Attorney3044 :

First time you lose 1 month

Attorney3044 :

Second time 3 months

Attorney3044 :

3 time 6 months

Attorney3044 :

4 you lose all your time remained

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you just confirm that even though I have worked for this employer for just under 1year that I will be entitled to my 2years paro. Thanks again
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Do not worry about it. Even when you used part of your time as you have work 1 more year you have regenerated you rights antil the maximun 720 days

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just concerned as I have worked about 10 days less than 1 year for this employer
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Thats not the matter, the point its that the time you keep now its added to the time gotten in this almost one year

I Know you mean that you do not get 4 month antil you get 1 year, but you have the time, Do not worry