José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Is there a way to rent out the apartment in Barcelona that

Customer Question

Is there a way to rent out the apartment in Barcelona that I do not own? For example on www.airbnb.com If yes, how long? (7 days, 14 days, 30) Are there any loopholes for this, is it allowed?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

Attorney3044 :

Hi

Attorney3044 :

In order to rent a propiety in Spain you have to be the owner or to have the permission from the owner to do it

Attorney3044 :

Legaly, the person who rent a propiety in Spain from the owner can no rent the propiety to another person if he has not permission from the ownner to do that

Attorney3044 :

The owner, or with the autorithation of the owner, you can rent for the time you want.

Attorney3044 :

Legaly the time to rent its less tan a year ( the time you want less than a year ) or less than five years

Attorney3044 :

I mean if you want to rent more time than a year have to be at least less than five

Attorney3044 :

Five as a minumun once he it has been more one 12 months

Attorney3044 :

If you have a rented propiety in Barcelona and you do not have the autorithation to rent from the owner you legaly can no rent it to another person, if you do it the owner could demand you in court

JACUSTOMER-0v3rqid0- :

Thank you, so with permission from the owner its ok? I heard that in some areas of barcelona there is a license needed. Can you confirm this?

Attorney3044 :

Hi, with the permision of the owner you do not need more

Attorney3044 :

The licence is needed when you make it as a profesional way of earn money

Attorney3044 :

When you make it with several propieties and you make publicity an so on on need the licence as a profesional