José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

We had a kitchen done in spain the work has been appalling

We had a kitchen done in spain the work has been appalling the materials that we
paid for were NOT the ones we asked for and indeed was charged for. It has gone
to a Barrister but can we make a charge on that persons home in Spain?

Attorney3044 :

Hi

Attorney3044 :

You have several ways to defend your rights in Spain

Attorney3044 :

You could put a claim in the closer consumer protection service of the city hall where the work has been done ( Free) With that they could be forced to change the work as it was due to be done, But I do not considerer it the best way

Attorney3044 :

In your case the best way will be to contract an attorney who demand the damages, the work, and the cost of reparing it and the expenses of the legal procedures, and in adiccition to denounce them in the consumers inspection officce of the comunidad autonoma where the company is

Attorney3044 :

With the second way, we could get our money back, the expenses, and a fine for him for tinker

Attorney3044 :

I am an spanish attorney I will be here if you need more help. If you need it just write and I will answer you as soon as possible

Attorney3044 :

Please do not forget to rate positively my service when you were completely satisfied with

Attorney3044 :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a good day

Customer:

Thank you so very much for your prompt reply - where do I stand with regards XXXXX XXXXX Judge requesting all original Invoices, I do not possess these as all was done online as mentioned before, also the Judge has requested original cheque but our bankers in Spain say it is not possible, however the Judge as advised (apparently) that this cannot go any further unless we have the necessary 'original documents' even though they have all photocopied email documents plus he has agreed to redo kitchen BUT we now know that he has misrepresented what we actually asked for and charged us for the materials we wanted but are NOT.

Attorney3044 :

Well, Actually the original cheque its not possible to get and even unnecesary because nobody doubts you have paid. You can ask for a copy to the bank, or a letter from them

Attorney3044 :

In order not to lose your time, because the judgue could ask unnecesary things, contract a local attorney to manage the problem

Attorney3044 :

Get an attorney or solicitor who demand for you the damages and you will save time and money

Attorney3044 :

As soon as they get a judicial demand I am sure they will try to get a agrement with you because the profesional has a worse position in court as the consumer

Attorney3044 :

Do not let them to you your time any more, get a solicitor and demand them