José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I am a resident of Spain who has been abroad for the first

I am a resident of Spain who has been abroad for the first 100 days of this year. I want to spend 180 days in my Spanish home, and then leave Spain for good at the end of September. What procedures will I have to take to leave Spain in, say, September?

Thanks

Attorney3044 :

Hi

Attorney3044 :

AS a resident you have to probe that you have been 180 days in spain in a year, they know it from your passport

Attorney3044 :

So, really you do not have to make a special procedure when you leave Spain

Customer:

So I would have to go to the local Hacienda office, and ayunamento and deregister, bringing documents such as airline tickets that prove my absence?

Customer:

A secondary problem is my driving licence. If I cease to be resident, how long can I continue to use it?

Attorney3044 :

In AEAT, Hacienda, you have to declare if needed See this link http://www.strongabogados.com/taxes.php#PersonalTaxes

Attorney3044 :

In City hall Ayuntamiento, you can no uninscribe you al all

Customer:

Sorry, I don't understand that last line..

Attorney3044 :

In the Ayuntamiento you can do anything You can no chek out

Attorney3044 :

Driver licence http://www.tumbit.com/how-to-guides/articles/158-transferring-from-a-uk-to-spanish-driving-licence.html

Customer:

Sorry, I still don't undertand. Do you not have to say that you are no longer eligible for a Certificate of Empadriamento (spelling?)

Attorney3044 :

Yes that it is

Attorney3044 :

You do not need a new one

Attorney3044 :

You will be with the same empadronamiento as long as you do not declare a new one in sapin

Attorney3044 :

As long as you are empadronado in the same place you do not have to make another thing

Customer:

Ah, right. Finally, is there any practical difference between leaving Spain before the end of June (when you cannot have been in Spain for 183 days) and leaving after that. Are the forms different, for example

Attorney3044 :

No, they are no looking the sum of the days

Customer:

Right. I think I understand. Thanks very much

Attorney3044 :

They are not sctrictics with that

Attorney3044 :

Thank you