José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

My daughters inherited half of their dads Spanish property

Customer Question

My daughters inherited half of their dad's Spanish property - the other half owned by his common law partner. There was a joint account which paid bills for the property. They have sold their half to his partner (Dec 2012) it was transferred into their names (June 2012) after his death (Dec2011). She has written and sent a letter from her Spanish lawyer stating that the joint account has been closed and that they will receive a quarter each but does not tell us what is in the account. Can she close the account without their authority? Would she have access to the funds all this time? Should we ask for up to date statements before the girls sign anything? Thanks
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

Attorney3044 :

Hi

Attorney3044 :

The inheredators have right to get all the information about the account

Attorney3044 :

In order to know if somebody has right to close the account we have to study the will

Attorney3044 :

The best person to ask about the sons rights and the mothers movements is the notario

Attorney3044 :

Reach the phone of the notario and get if somebody there speaks english in order to know the movements she have done

Attorney3044 :

I will be here if needed

Attorney3044 :

Thank you