José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

As I have stated before, I live at La Manga and I along with

As I have stated before, I live at La Manga and I along with others have a sports rights agreement with the owner of the golf/tennis club. This agreement was drawn up in England and is written only in English, however, it states that the agreement is governed by Spanish law. It is complicated by the fact that there is a guarantor in the event of the loss of rights, and the guarantee is governed by English law. Is is my understanding that the Spanish part comes into play in cases of "differences of intepretation". How will a Spanish court deal with such differences, when the only version is in English? At one time, when the agreement was drawn up, the owner was a whole owned subsidary of the English based guarantor.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Attorney3044 :

Hi

Attorney3044 :

In spain the aplacble law its the spanish law

Attorney3044 :

But the spanish law allow to write the contracts in the laguage acorded by the parts if they agree and andertand it

Attorney3044 :

But if there are problems with the interpretation of the agreement the aplicable law will be the spanish law

Attorney3044 :

The spanish law only have to know the spanish law, so he will not try to anderstand the interpretations given by one part

Attorney3044 :

And of course, all the demands and writings guided to the court must be translated into spanish

Attorney3044 :

I am on line if you need more information

Attorney3044 :

You can write in all moments you want

Customer:

But an "defference" may occur because a translation probem in the first place.

Attorney3044 :

Yes your right

Attorney3044 :

Its one of the matters that your/ his attorney could fight in court

Attorney3044 :

When a translation is under doubt the judge will ask for a third translator who will decide

Customer:

So how can a Spanish court rule that the English version is wrong?

Attorney3044 :

And of course the judgue in spain only will take care about the spanish law

Attorney3044 :

The judge will ask for a third translation and will decide

Attorney3044 :

To the spanish judge there its not wrong or right according UK law

Customer:

But no translation can replace the original English version.

Attorney3044 :

he only will take care about the facts writting ( wrong or not )

Customer:

Thank you

Attorney3044 :

I will be here if needed

Attorney3044 :

Please to make a good rate of my service

Attorney3044 :

best regards

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney