José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I am moving permanently to Spain in April. I receive a pension

I am moving permanently to Spain in April. I receive a pension of approximately £9000 per annum. I am going to buy a property in Murcia for 67500 euros. The purchase relies on my selling my property in the UK, which is currently unsold. I have no other income or savings. I will be renting, initially, for 12 months. Who do I have to inform? Do I do it now, or wait until I get to Spain? For the UK tax year 5April 2013 to 4April 2014 I would pay no tax in the UK. I am 65 on 1 March 2015.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Attorney3044 :

Hi

Attorney3044 :

I am an spnish attorney

Attorney3044 :

As long as you own a propiety in spain you must declare your income tax in Spain

Attorney3044 :

It is not that yous pay taxes, I mean that if you declares your income and you have paid in another country your taxes, the taxes paid are deductibles and you do not have to pay twice

Attorney3044 :

You do not have to declare in spain as long as you havd not bought the propiety and then you will have to declare in the next year

Attorney3044 :

So, if you buy in 2014 you will have to declare your income in 2014

Attorney3044 :

The spanish tax iffice its AEAT and you have the information in english also

Attorney3044 :

I am going to provide you with you links

Attorney3044 :

AEAT

Attorney3044 :

Taxes in Spain

Attorney3044 :

I will be here if needed

Attorney3044 :

Thank you

Attorney3044 :

Let me know if I can provide you more help

Customer:

Some, hopefully, simple questions for you to answer. I have worked hard all my life and paid high rates of income tax, National Insurance, VAT, Pension contributions, etc, etc. Now that I no longer work, the British Tax System allows me to earn £9440 per annum before paying any tax.

Attorney3044 :

Well, If you earn 9440 puonds you DO NOT have to pay a penny here

Attorney3044 :

In Spain the first 19.000 euros are tax free

Attorney3044 :

So you must declare that you earn 9440 and to pay nothing

Attorney3044 :

But you are forced to declare just because you have a propiety in spain, you must declare but not to pay at all

Customer:

Just to get this perfectly clear, you are saying that I can have a pension(s) amounting to up to 19000 euros per annum and as long as I fill in a tax return every year and declare my pension(s) then I will have no tax to pay?

Attorney3044 :

yes, you got it

Attorney3044 :

You have to declare but you do not have to pay

Attorney3044 :

In your ussual bank in spain they ussualy makes the tax declaration for you for free

Attorney3044 :

Ask them the service

Customer:

Can you please send a notification to this effect to my e-mail address, so that I can print it out? Thanks

Attorney3044 :

Sure, ask the moderator to send it please

Attorney3044 : XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Attorney3044 :

I will do it also

Attorney3044 :

Please to make a good rate of the answer thank you

Attorney3044 :

You have tried but the sistem do not allow you, please try again

Attorney3044 :

I will be here if need

Attorney3044 :

have a good day

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney