José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I am about to get the Escrituras on my off plan purchased house,

I am about to get the Escrituras on my off plan purchased house, which is finished, and which I have used for three years.
I made three stage payments, the first two in 2005. I understand that the Escrituras are now reqired to show how the house was purchsed. Over the years I have lost some bank statements, (payments 1 and 2). I only have a bank statement for the final payment which was in 2008.
I have no way of showing where the payments came from for 1 and 2. What can I do?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Attorney3044 :

Hi

Attorney3044 :

I am preparing his answer

Customer:

Attorney3044 :

Hi, I am on line working on your answer

Attorney3044 :

I wonder if you have check the propiety register in order to know which name its the propiety register to .

Customer:

I have had checked the Nota Simple and it is still owned by the builder.

Attorney3044 :

You after to make a new payment check on with name its the hause registred

Attorney3044 :

because may be the bank or the constructor are over and you pay for nothing

Customer:

I am told that there is a new Spainish law stating that I have to say where the payments came from. Bank account numbers, etc.

Attorney3044 :

Well its another matter

Customer:

The Nota Simple is for the land, and I think the house is registered later at the local town hall.

Attorney3044 :

I think that the new law you mind its the tax one who forced foreign people who has a propiety in spain to declare taxes in spain

Attorney3044 :

But you do not have a propiety in spain

Attorney3044 :

You have a chance, a business to get it

Customer:

Yes, I will pay taxes when I get the Esturas, but the question how can I prove to the law people in Spain

Customer:

how I paid for it.

Customer:

Will they take my word.

Attorney3044 :

I am sorry, I think I do not andertand what do you mean ...

Attorney3044 :

You do not have to declare taxes in spain by now

Customer:

To get the Esturas, I understand that I have to show where all the payments came from.

Customer:

I can only show the last payment.

Attorney3044 :

In order how to probe the payments done it you have to demostrate the way you paid

Attorney3044 :

You can use all kind of probes

Customer:

THis I canot do, as I have no bank statements, and I will never be able to get them.

Attorney3044 :

How did you pay?

Customer:

It was by bank transfer to the builders bank account. I have no bank statement. I do have the builders receipt of receving my money, but it does not show how I paid the builder.

Attorney3044 :

Well The bank its forced in spain to give all the data it have have from you

Attorney3044 :

You could forced the bank to give them

Customer:

Do you mean the builders bank will tell me where my money came from. Do I just contact the builders bank with his detail and dates and ammounts.

Attorney3044 :

yes

Attorney3044 :

As they know where the money comes from and they are your personal data you have right to force them to give your personal data

Attorney3044 :

When did you pay and which way you use

Customer:

I will e-mail the builders bank and ask them to confirm which account sent it.

Attorney3044 :

No e mail Thats not the way

Attorney3044 :

You need to probe they have recibed your order

Attorney3044 :

Once they have recibed they have 30 days time to send you the data

Attorney3044 :

If they do not do it and you denounce them they could get a 60.000 euros fine

Attorney3044 :

The denounce has to be guided to AEPD

Customer:

Thank you.

Attorney3044 :

http://www.agpd.es/portalwebAGPD/canalciudadano/denunciasciudadano/denuncia_ante_agencia/index-ides-idphp.php

Attorney3044 :

Thank you

Customer:

I will send them a letter.

Customer:

Goodbye.

Attorney3044 :

I gently ask for a good rate of my answer

Attorney3044 :

have a good day

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.