José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Hi, Moved to Spain. UK nationals. Have put everything into

Customer Question

Moved to Spain. UK nationals. Have put everything into this. I have health insurance, rental contract, bank account. I can eventually get a job teaching English and planning on finishing doing a phd here too part time but I am waiting for my kids to go to school.We can even show we have enough money to be here so in essence fulfill the new immigration requirements. I can get a padron from the town hall also. However, at the police station they are being very very demanding about paperwork...like they want a copy of everything translation, more dated copies of our marriage certificates translated officially...we have all originals and translations of everything already but they don't want to give the nie and still asking for more papers. Now we can run around getting more and more stuff no problem and i suppose eventually we will have it all but also I need to send my kids to school now (local). If this takes another 6 or 9 months I can't keep them out of school that long. What rights do I have to send them to school here if I am not quite resident. I guess I'm not full on illegal immigrant because I'm EU but do they have an obligation to let me send my kids to school as they are school age?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

Attorney3044 :

Hi there

Attorney3044 :

As long as you are UK nationals you have the right to stay and live, and work in Spain

Attorney3044 :

The papers they are asking you for are the regular ones

Attorney3044 :

You have the right to put the minors, your sons in the closer public school as you are residing here

Attorney3044 :

The school in Spain more than 5 years old boys its compulsory, so they are forced to admit them

Attorney3044 :

You will find a lot of help in your closer embasy

Attorney3044 :

I will be here if you need more help

Attorney3044 :

Please do not rate my answer as you are not complitely satisfied with it

Attorney3044 :

Ask as some many times you need, I will answer you as sson as possible

Attorney3044 :

Thank you