José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

We are a company based in Spain. However we had a online lottery

We are a company based in Spain.
However we had a online lottery machine installed, in one our shops 11 months ago.
Since that time we have had, various problems with it, ie not working at all.
After several phone calls to the agent, eventually, a engineer comes to fit it.
On the first occasion he brought another machine, which was not new, but he said that
it was? And again we had problems with it, So they came again to fix it. each time they came they also charged for Petrol, 45€ and 65€.
Before Christmas the machine completely packed up. We called again several times, no answer.So I left messages. Yesterday 2nd January they came to repair it again. This time
is was the Hard Drive, I said to the guy, I thought these lasted for years?
But not this one. So again another 65€ petrol. Yesterday afternoon the machine stopped again. This time the touch screen is not working, tried to telephone again today and no answer. When we bought this machine it cost 5000,00€, and one year warranty, but most items bought in Spain are covered by a two year warrenty?

Now I have come to the stage where we want our money back, as this will probably
go on and on, with no result.
Can we sue these people.

Malcolm
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Attorney3044 :

Hi Sir

Attorney3044 :

I am an sapnish attorney

Attorney3044 :

You do not have to addmit the abuse

Attorney3044 :

You have the right to demand a new machine and all the money paid in reparations

Attorney3044 :

In order to do that contact a local speaking english attorney who demand the seller of the machine

Attorney3044 :

The spanish protection consumer law ( law 1 / 2007 is very clear )

Customer:

So should we contact them, and request a brand new machine, and if they do not respond what should we do next.

Attorney3044 :

The law forces the seller to give a new product and to pay the cost of bad reparations when the product has defects

Customer:

OK, so if they refuse, should we attempt court action.

Attorney3044 :

yes

Attorney3044 :

you have to demand the seller

Customer:

Ok thanks for your help.

Attorney3044 :

You will got the seller at the bill you paid

Attorney3044 :

You can get spking english lawyers here

Customer:

Thank you.

Attorney3044 :

Please to make a good evaluation of may service

Attorney3044 :

Thank you

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney