José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Iam a travel agent and I have a client who slipped on a bath

Iam a travel agent and I have a client who slipped on a bath mat whilst on holiday in Benidorm and is claiming compensation against myself. Is it law that hotels provide bath mats to clients.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Attorney3044 :

Hi

Attorney3044 :

I am an spanish attorney and I will answer you now

Customer:

Hi

Attorney3044 :

You do not have any responsibility

Attorney3044 :

He can no demand you or denounce you at consumer service

Customer:

hi - does spanish law state that shower mats are to be provided in hotel rooms -

Attorney3044 :

The responsibility if there is any has to be asked to the hotel by the client

Attorney3044 :

He could denounce the hotel at the consumer service there or in court

Attorney3044 :

But never you

Attorney3044 :

There its not such a law

Attorney3044 :

but hotels has to contract a civil damage insurance

Customer:

the client asked the hotel reception and they didn't provide one - so he is claiming against me as i acted as the principal /tour operator

Attorney3044 :

So, if your client demand the hotel, probably he gets an indemnization from the insurance

Attorney3044 :

but he has to probe the damage

Attorney3044 :

The hotel ALWAYS has to give the claim sheet to the customer

Attorney3044 :

Your client must call the police when they reject to give him the sheet

Attorney3044 :

Your client has any right to demand you, its his fault not to ask for the sheet and demand the hotel when he was in Spain

Customer:

is this standard practice-would the hotel have an accident book?

Attorney3044 :

Your client could put a denounce in the consumer service protecttion sistem where the hotel is

Attorney3044 :

No the hotel has not this kind of books here

Attorney3044 :

Hotels has no this books in Spain

Customer:

ok - thanks for your help

Attorney3044 :

Now the answer to your client its to denounce or demand teh hotel

Attorney3044 :

Thank you

Attorney3044 :

Best regards

Attorney3044 :

I will be here if you need more information

Attorney3044 :

Thank you

Customer:

thankyou

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney