CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law
31036262

I am actually chatting from India so I need some answers

Customer Question

I am actually chatting from India so I need some answers before I pay
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: That lady is in Durban and I am from India and my husband works in Cape Town. They both had relationship which was know and me n my husband are working on our relationship and sorting things out due to kids but this lady is not leaving us She moved from Cape Town to durban
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not yet I warned her but she is not listening and worrying us. I need assistance in filing or reporting
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ya the process involved in lodging a complaint. I have all the proofs
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions in order to clarify your initial question. If you have a new question, you must please open a new thread.

In this instance you need to get your husband to tell this lady that he is not interested in having a relationship with her anymore. If he can do that, and this lady still harasses you, then you can apply to court to interdict her from contacting you and your husband.

If your husband WON'T tell this lady to go away, then you might be able to sue the lady for Alienation of Affection.

You can read up here more about alienation of affection claims: http://www.divorcelaws.co.za/adultery-law.html

You should get an attorney to write a letter to this lady explaining that if she doesn't leave you alone then you will sue her!

I am afraid that I am not allowed to refer you to a specific attorney, however I can suggest that you can locate a suitably qualified attorney in your area who will be able to assist you with your query at www.southafricanlawyer.co.za

If my answer hasn't provided you with enough clarity regarding your initial question, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - dont just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,

CaseLaw

Expert:  CaseLaw replied 3 months ago.

Hi there again,

I see that you've read my answer and I hope that you understood the answer and that it was useful? If you have a further question please ask it, or if you need clarity on the answer please let me know.

If you're happy that I've answered your question, please leave positive feedback for me.

Regards

CaseLaw