Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
20266670

My fiancé was injured in a hit and run accident about 9

Customer Question

Hi there, my fiancé was injured in a hit and run accident about 9 years ago. Up until today he hasn't received the money that is due to him. There have been various delays in the past however, in November last year he went for further tests as instructed by his lawyer. These results have now been submitted to the RAF, when we called the RAF to find out what are the next steps they said that they have communicated their position to our lawyer and our lawyer should inform us. Numerous emails have been sent to our lawyer but he is not responding. My fiancé has no other income he really needs this payout urgently and it has been 9 years. Please let us know what steps should we take. Our lawyer isn't responding to our questions.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We are in Gauteng, South Africa.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else thanks
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 17 days ago.

Hi there,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions in order to clarify your initial question. If you have a new question, you must please open a new thread. This is a further information request so that I can provide you a proper answer to your legal question. Please continue in this same question thread.

Do you know if your lawyer has submitted a formal claim to the RAF. Do you know the outcome of the claim?

Do you know if your lawyer has issued a summons against the RAF?

Awaiting your further information.

Regards

CaseLaw