PaulmoJD
PaulmoJD,
10285032

I got an order of court via ex parte motion requesting my ex

Customer Question

I got an order of court via ex parte motion requesting my ex wife to return the kids back to me after I had sent them to her on holiday . Now I have asked the police to help me enforce the order but we have been unlike due to her very erratic behaviour thereby frustrating our efforts by hiding the kids in different houses belonging to her sisters
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  PaulmoJD replied 16 days ago.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to return to the court, if you cannot find the children, and file a motion for contempt of court and have your ex served and brought in the court and ask for the court to jail her for hiding the children and ignoring the court order. If you cannot locate the children with the police, then this is the only remaining recourse for you to take and get the court to punish her.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

hello,

as a follow up to the first question, my kids are all dual citizens of usa and Nigeria. the court order i got was from a Nigerian court because the kids are leaving in Nigeria. unfortunately the Nigerian law enforcement have been unable to enforce the order. is it possible to involve the usa embassy in Nigeria to assist?