WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

How can I get my name removed from SAFPS? I am not sure on

Customer Question

How can I get my name removed from SAFPS? I am not sure on what basis I was listened in the first place. Even on SAFPS no reason or detail is given, except the entity that listed me. I've tried to resolve the issue with them only to hit a wall effectively. I'm getting frustrated and need urgent assistance please
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm in Gauteng, South Africa
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: so far, no I just need to find out how to remove my name. The ombudsman route has not yielded results
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 19 days ago.

Good Morning

They are a credit bureau registered in terms of the National Credit Act. They are supposed to have a procedure that you can utilize to challenge the listing. I suggest that you contact them and find out what their procedure is. If they don't have one or refuse to tell you, you can approach the National Credit Regulator or the National Consumer Commission to assist you in challenging the listing. You can find their details on the website of the National Credit Regulator at www.ncr.org.za.

Failing that, you can approach a High Court for an order, ordering them to remove the listing from the bureau. In that event, provided you have followed all of the steps above without success, you will be able to hold them liable for your legal costs as well.

I hope this helps. If you need clarification on any of the points made above, feel free to ask those questions at no extra charge. IF you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.