Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

God morning. Two days ago I caught my domestic working

Customer Question

God morning. Two days ago I caught my domestic working kicking my dog. Now, I have 2 pit bulls and the one she kicked is only a puppy. My fear is that this will become a norm and one day the dog will turn on her and then the second (bigger) dog will also join the smaller dog. This will make me the guilty party, but she is the one that is hurting the dogs. Unfortunately for the past 2 weeks she's been having a bad attitude that she never had before and now this. What is the steps I can take from here?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: This is my domestic worker, in my house. I have not discussed this with anyone as yet.
JA: Because laws vary based on location, what state are you in?
Customer: Gauteng, SA.? My apologies, your window popped up on a just answer. South Africa Law website. Law in SA is the same everywhere.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you, ***** *****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

Your only option, as far as I can tell, is to follow a normal disciplinary process. Kicking your pets is not only unnecessary and inexcusable, but it is also cruelty to animals.

Should you find her guilty of the offense at a fair and proper disciplinary hearing, you can give her a written warning to the effect that such conduct in the future could lead to her dismissal.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 25 days ago.

Did you receive my answer?