Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

Is there a 30 day cooling off period in S Africa for

Customer Question

Is there a 30 day cooling off period in S Africa for internet contracts?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

The Consumer Protection Act affords you a 20 (working day) cooling off period for direct marketing contracts but apart from that there is nothing. In other words, if you have received a call from a company offering you services or products without you having requested the products or services and you then entered into an agreement with them, there will be a cooling off period but apart from that there is no other cooling off period.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards