Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

I have assets in more than one country can I have two wills

Customer Question

I have assets in more than one country can I have two wills each dealing with the relevant countries legislation
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: SA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes, they tell me I can, but I need this clarified
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have made a will in the Uk, dealing with my assets there and need to make one here in SA
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

It is not only allowed, it is actually required that you have a will in each country where you have assets that conforms to the legal requirements of said countries.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Hi there,

I have noticed that you have not yet rated my service and consequently I am not sure if you still need help from me or if you are satisfied.

Please rate my service positively if you are satisfied.

Kind regards