Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.

Is it not fraudulent for a customary law wife of the

Customer Question

Is it not fraudulent for a customary law wife of the deceased suddenly obtain a suspicious "Executorship Letter" 15 years after the estate was wound up?
The said letter was issued by a local Magistrate's court although assets exceeded R500 000
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 20 days ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

It is impossible to say it is fraudulent with the limited info at my disposal. The best way to make sure that all is in order is to contact the master of the high court who issued the letter of executorship and to give him all the info you have on the matter.

The master is overseeing the estate administration and will be in the best position to do something about it if there was fraud involved.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.