Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)

How to pay my outstanding balance at uber

Customer Question

Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Barend B. replied 24 days ago.

Good morning,

Here below are some steps to follow to pay your outstanding balance at Uber. Should these steps not address your query or help in your situation, please feel free to ask follow up questions.

How to pay an outstanding balance

If a charge from Uber is declined by the payment method you’ve selected for your account, your Uber account may be locked, preventing additional ride requests.

We recommend resolving an outstanding balance as soon as possible. Your app will help you pay the outstanding balance with a different payment account. Try an existing payment account. If this payment method is declined, please add a new payment profile and try again.

If you continue to have issues, please reach out to your bank to ensure your payment method is valid.

Another option is to sign in to Head to Payment in your menu. Update your payment method(s) and select My Trips to find the trip that needs to be paid for.

You can also use HELP in your app to settle an outstanding balance. Head to Trip and Fare Review > Receipts and Payment > Settle an outstanding balance.

After you share details, we'll step in to help.

I hope this resolves your problem.