Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
20266670

Nkosi,i am 58yrs old working as a mananger at one of the

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** am 58yrs old working as a mananger at one of the MIDAS MOTOR SPARES IN Soweto.ON September 2013 ON SUNDAY I was driving from work which is claimed as a compulsory overtime.when I reached my place I climbed off to open the gate where I felt a very terrible pain on my left leg(calf).I fell down and not manage to stand again.i scream for my wife who was in the house for help she called my son who was also present and they took me to my house on my bed.
SINCE not knowing what was wrong with me,they gave tablets for the pain that was very unbearable.the next morning they took me to the doctor who wrote me a letter and refere to ***** *****I HOSPITAL,
AT ***** *****I HOSPITAL they discover that I had a blood,since I was not smoking it was stress related to work.after two days my leg was amputated.i spent three months and two weeks in hospital.since my wound was still open and not healed,i spent two months at home.my boss sent that he want to speak to me.i hired a car to take me to him.where explained that his company would not afford to pay me full salary any longer they will pay me half of what I earn.since I have family and children who depent on me for maintenance I went back to work on crutches till present
MY issue now I dearly need help because my boss is abusing and harassing me almost every after two weeks..he told me my condition is not fair to his working staff..en shouted at me whenever he comes to his shop telling me I am not meeting his requaments and need to be substituted.there is a lot worse he is doing to that I can explain when we meet,
I am sick now that I always on medication and I cried everytime when he shouts at me and he never stops..
SO I DEARLY NEED HELP BECAUSE MY CONDITION IS BECOMING WORSE BY DAY
MY CONTACT ;076(###) ###-####
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Barend B. replied 8 months ago.

Good evening,

Just a couple of questions in order to enable me to assist you properly:

Are you a member of a union?

Please describe the medical reasons why they had to amputate your leg in as much detail as possible?

Please also elaborate on how your boss abuses you?

Regards,

BB

Good evening,

Would you mind to respond to my previous questions?

Would you also provide me information about your salary? Do you belong to a provident fund? Is UIF deducted from your salary?

Regards,

BB

Expert:  Barend B. replied 7 months ago.

Good morning Mr Nkosi,

I have not received answers to my questions, but I'm going to give you some advice in any case.

According to your description it appears as if work related stress is the cause of all your health problems. If I were you I would consider approaching The Legal Aid Board so that they can appoint an attorney for you to assist you with your claims. If the medical reports support the submission that work related stress is the cause of your health problems you might have a claim in terms of the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act.

You might also have a claim against your boss for harassment and maybe even constructive dismissal. And you might have a disability claim as well.

But you will need an attorney to peruse all the medical reports and consult with you in detail about the abuse you suffer at the hands of your employer.

Regards,

BB

Good day,

If you are satisfied with my answer, kindly give me a rating. If you're not satisfied, kindly let me know and maybe I can clear up the issues you might have with my answer.

Regards,

BB