Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.

How much will it cost me to do a reply Heads of Argument on

Customer Question

how much will it cost me to do a reply Heads of Argument on an ongoing case ?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: what page pls ?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: gauteng
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: south africa
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: its an ongoing case but i cannot afford the current lawyers anymore but need legal assistance in simply submitting a heads of argument based on what the other side has already submitted
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

I am not sure whether this is the correct forum for this question, but I will answer you as best I can. Drafting Heads of Argument is not a simple matter at all. In fact, it is one of the most crucial steps in any litigation matter as it sets out your legal argument with reference to the pleadings filed as well as the case law. Drafting Heads of Argument requires an in depth knowledge of the matter.

If you want to get a new attorney to draft the Heads for you, it will undoubtedly cost you a whole lot more than if your current attorney does it. A new attorney will have to study all the papers filed to date and will have to consult with you and consider the opposing party's heads - all of these things you have already paid your current attorney for. So, in essence it will just be a duplication of the costs to date.

What the costs of your current attorney will be depends on the complexity of the matter, the hourly tariff your attorney charges and the volume of the work to be done. It is nearly (if not completely) impossible to guess an amount. It could require one hours work or 20 hours, there is no way for me to know.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Good morning,

This is just a quick note to follow up. I am ot sure whether you have read my answer and if so whether it was helpful? Is there anything else I can assist you with before you rate the service? Please note that I do not get paid if you do not rate.