Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.

I would like to check whether I do have a criminal record in

Customer Question

Hi I would like to check whether I do have a criminal record in my name. How do I go on about it
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in south Africa
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I remember back in 2009 I was charged with siphoning of funds for an amount of R200. I paid the amount
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that only, I think
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

You say you were charged. Were you ever convicted? In other words, did you appear in Court and were you found guilty of a criminal offense? Were you then given a sentence/fine?

The only way to find out whether you have a criminal record is to apply for a police clearance certificate from the SAPS. You will get all the information on this link.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Good morning,

This is just a quick note to follow up. I am ot sure whether you have read my answer and if so whether it was helpful? Is there anything else I can assist you with before you rate the service? Please note that I do not get paid if you do not rate.