Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.

I just want to find out if the RAF has paid out and the

Customer Question

I just want to find out if the RAF has paid out and the money is granted to the person who bumped the child to run that money without the parent if it's right?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

I do not understand your question. Kindly elaborate a bit.

1. Was a claim submitted on behalf of a child who was injured?

2. To who was the money paid out and why?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The claim paid out according to the court order but was deposited into the an attorneys account who is giving my niece a tough time even when paying school fees.
He was appointed by my sister to facilitate the case but until it is finalized now it is now almost 7 years with the money and he was not appointed as a trustee to run that money what should we do?

You can apply to court for the appointment of another trustee to receive and administer the money until the child reaches the age of 18. The trustee should pay for all reasonable and necessary expenses for the child.

I would suggest that your sister approach another firm of attorneys and ask them to assist her in doing this. If there are no court order, they might even be able to assist her with simply ending the current attorney's mandate to act and to instruct them to pay the money over to their trust account.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Have you noticed my answer?

Hi there,

I have noticed that you have not yet rated my service and consequently I am not sure if you still need help from me or if youare satisfied.

Please rate my service positively if you are satisfied.

Kind regards