Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)

Will I be assisted with a grievance I had whilst serving as

Customer Question

Will I be assisted with a grievance I had whilst serving as a contract worker in the SA Army in 1998 w.r.t not receiving back paye upon being promoted to the rank of Sergeant? I was 2 years overdue for promotion, but was not backdated on the system. This also affected my severance package in being paid out on a Corporal ' s salary scale, in stead of a Sergeant's one, due to the 2 years I was overdue for my promotion was not reflected on the system.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 month ago.

Hi there,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

This is a further information request so that I can provide you a proper answer to your legal question. Please continue in this same question thread.

When were you promoted to Sergeant? When did you leave the army? When did the severance package start?

Awaiting your further information.