CaseLaw, Attorney
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law

I have just come across your site as I was looking for an

Customer Question

I have just come across your site as I was looking for an email address for Funseekers.
I purchsed vacation points form Funseekers in 2003. At the time my finacial situation was comfortable. My circumstances then changed and I contacted them with a view to handing back my points. I was advised that this was not possible. the company also refused to sell these points on. I managed to pay off the purchase and have kept up to date with the subscriptions but have found it difficult to do so.
In 2013 i again contacted them informing them that i was finding it difficult to meet the annual subscription requirements and that i wished them to relieve me of the points. I did not request any remuneration. I was not even afforded a response to my letter.
Please could you advise me WHAT NEXT! I am really not able to keep up the payments of R900 per month.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

This is unfortunately a common problem, and something which happens way too often in the world. If you buy points into a timeshare unit which is successful and popular, it is EASY to sell them for a profit when you decide that you don't want the points anymore. The points are actually like shares in the company, so it is an asset in your estate and worth something. Owning the points means that you are automatically a member of their club, which then charges the monthly membership fee.

If you buy points into a timeshare unit which is NOT successful, then it is almost impossible to sell the points, even if you were to try give them away for free.

There are a number of websites around which offer the services to sell your points. You should market them for R1000 or less if you want to get rid of them. Don't try make a profit, since you won't!

You won't get much luck in dealing with Funseekers, since you're not the only person in this boat - there are thousands of people like you, all trying to get rid of their points.

If my answer hasn't answered all of your questions, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - dont just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,