How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Freddie Lombard Your Own Question
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 2559
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Freddie Lombard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I inherited a flat from my sr in 2013 tbe estate wound up

Customer Question

I inherited a flat from my sr in 2013 tbe estate wound up 2015 i went into themanagingagent once i hadthe,etter of eexecutorship took into the dbn branch of the agent gave them my details .as the bank handling the estate was payi g tbey said they would contact me when i needed to start paying. They did no tracd me and it was really easy .issued summons..i deciddd to settle went with brother as sitness andinsisted on settlement figure shich i paid same day. They then added r2500 to my levy accc no breakdown noacc from lawyer. Have advisedme that summons will be issued for this amt now r2665.also added r1000 to levy for ins excess as my tenant revefsed into gafe please advise.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry i am in south africa didnt realise overseas have a good day
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No as i havepaid out enough already is this theway to go
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I paid all levies and lawyers fees i sat in his office znd he assured me that he had contacted the management agent and i was settling completely.i stressed this a number of times.the lawyer whowas appointed by them will notanswermy e mail and theirinhouse lawyer has sent me this threatening letter that they will summons me.i have aclear credit record. .thanks for help
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: As my sister was very ill with cancer the fenants left and sublet flat to family so when the summons was sent to the flat the original tenant lhoned ne to collect but at the time g mother had a stroke so ickuldnt go on the arranged day as she phoned md ihad no ph no and i went to the tenants at the flat who contacfed her and she threw all documentation away. But i had sight of jt tge xay i settled the account
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

I am sorry but I have sort of figured out the story of what happened but I am not sure about your question. Please be so kind as to let me know specifically what questions you need answering.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did send my questions again .i cant find any answers
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry, but your question/statement is rather hard to understand.

I will however try to answer what I can make out.

If you dispute the claims by the Body Corporate, then you must tell them you dispute the claims and if they issue a summons, you will have to defend the action. This will however cost you money since you will have to appoint an attorney to assist you.

You should ask them in writing to give you a breakdown of the amount of R 2500,00 that they have added to your account as well the grounds upon which they have added that amount to your account. You should ask for the same regarding the R 1 000,00.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.


Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there,

I have noticed that you have not yet rated my service and consequently I am not sure if you still need help from me or if you are satisfied.

Please rate my service positively if you are satisfied.

Kind regards