Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

I made sales agreement with Jawitz month to sale my

Customer Question

Hi there. I made sales agreement with Jawitz for one month to sale my property. Actual price was R1450,000 for house to be sold. 2 weeks lady never made a show day. 3th week she had 1 show say without advertizing, day after i had a meeting with Jawitz sales lady and another colegue of ger. They sugfest for me to drop the price from R1.450,000 to R1.200,000 in order to attract the clients. I didnt like that and i told them that i cannot accept that price at all. But they told that this a just to atract clients. Never the less in 4th week they had a offer od R1.130.000. I was not happy. I asked to be uplifted to R1.200,000 not even realizing how much i lost, not becouse of the clients drop but the Jawitz. In mean time i asked them to send me a document whitch they never did for more than 2 weeks. Also lady should come and callect other documents to, that was agreement. She never did that to. Also from 5% commission they want me to pay VAT for they own commission. Now i want to cancel the sales agreement becouse i am not happy with many iregularities. My question is: do i have a right to cancel in this situation sales agreement? I did send them the mail of cancelation 10 days later. Becouse i am sure that i was manipulated to sale quick and have no interest on my side at all to be happy. I actualy lost R320,000 becouse they droped price to like atract the clients but all came in to reality.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 5 months ago.

Good morning,

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

The short answer is no, you cannot cancel the sale agreement. The sale agreement is between you and the purchaser, who did nothing wrong. If you feel that the agent (Jawitz - who acted as your agent) caused you loss or damages, then you can possibly pursue a claim against them.

That however, may be a very difficult claim to prove since you signed the deed of sale that contained the terms and conditions of the sale.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Hi there,

I have noticed that you have not yet rated my service and consequently I am not sure if you still need help from me or if you are satisfied.

Please rate my service positively if you are satisfied.

Kind regards