CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law
31036262

Our Company consists out of 3 Directors and 4 employees.

Customer Question

Our Company consists out of 3 White Directors and 4 White employees. Does this comply with the SA Labour Law. Turnover over R10 Milj. What is required by SA Law
Category: South Africa Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

Yes, your company most certainly complies with SA Labour Law. There are no requirements that you employ any previously disadvantaged person (PDI) to comply.

BUT, you might find it hard to get a high level BBBEE certificate without either employing a PDI or having a PDI have an equity stake in your company.

You might therefore only get a level 7 certificate, instead of a level 4 or 5. You can only get a level 1 if a PDI has more than 50% stake in your company.

My company doesn't have any PDI equity, and we receive no BBBEE points for PDI management.

BUT, we train PDI and donate to PDI charities and use PDI service providers ... so we get a BBBEE level 5 certificate. Good enough for us!

If my answer hasn't answered all of your questions, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - dont just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,

CaseLaw

Expert:  CaseLaw replied 5 months ago.

Hi there again,

I see that you've read my answer and I hope that you understood the answer and that it was useful? If you have a further question please ask it, or if you need clarity on the answer please let me know.

If you're happy that I've answered your question, please leave positive feedback for me.

Regards

CaseLaw