CaseLaw, Attorney
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law

If a protection order is granted against me... 1. Do I have

Customer Question

if a protection order is granted against me...
1. Do I have a criminal record?
2. Will I loose all my weapons?
Category: South Africa Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Payment has been done and deducted from my credit card. I need the answers on the questions above please
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

No, you will NOT have a criminal record if a protection order (which is really just an interdict) is granted against you. Because you won't have a criminal record, you won't lose any of your firearms licences.

If my answer hasn't answered all of your questions, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - dont just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,

Expert:  CaseLaw replied 4 months ago.

Hi there again,

I see that you've read my answer and I hope that you understood the answer and that it was useful? If you have a further question please ask it, or if you need clarity on the answer please let me know.

If you're happy that I've answered your question, please leave positive feedback for me.