Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.

My house was sold on auction in February with a summons from

Customer Question

Hi. My house was sold on auction in February with a summons from 2009 is that legal. Do you know CGS?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: CGS, CVS has contacted me . They are lawyers
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What do you need?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I went on debt review in October 2015 by debtsave. They where in contact with the bank but the payment was never made according to the bank. I was informed in January that the house is going on auction, that is when CGS contacted me I had to pay R45000 to get a interdict to stop the sale. I made the payment. Now the house is sold and registered in the new owners name. And Im being told by CGS I have to rent the house from the new owner until this is resolved in court.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

The fact that the summons was issued in 2009 does not effect a subsequent judgment of warrant of execution. In other words, the time line will not assist you.

There may be other reasons why the sale may be void or voidable but to establish if there are grounds your attorney will have to consider all the facts.

I am not sure if you have other questions you need answering but if you need more help you are welcome to let me know.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Good morning,

This is just a quick note to follow up. Did you find my answer helpful? Is there anything else I can assist you with before you rate the service? Please note that I do not get paid if you do not rate.