Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
20266670

Pearl, on a defamation claim JA: The Lawyer will need to

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, on a defamation claim
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No i was just searching how the process works before your chat
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I dont want it public please
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Information should not be public
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there What is your question?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Sir
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We are not americans but we run a virtual anonymous gossip blog for the second life gaming: https://thewhisperer.wordpress.comAnd recently we were issued a cease and desist defamation claim as attached and also displayed in the comment session of the exact post.
https://thewhisperer.wordpress.com/2016/05/20/john-herring-ceo-windlight-magazine-portrays-false-identity/Is there a way you could advise us on this please since we are not familiar with america laws and we really don't want to take down the post because that will make us cheap considering this person is arrogant ( sorry for the word) and likes to alway win.We did love to win this little war.Please please your help will be appreciated and we just searched the web and found you and thought you could help.Regards
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there please!