Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

My husband makes all decisions without consulting with me even

Customer Question

My husband makes all decisions without consulting with me even if it affects me directly. He is now saying that he will not be dictated to by a piece of paper. I am very worried. The property we live on belong to me and I don't want to lose it. Also since we got married his financial status has improved a thousand fold but I do not benefit by it directly. He has informed me that he is not dragging dead wood with him l have a job but fear of not being able to at this late stage try to provide some sort of pension
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Yes, he has no interest interest in divorce but are busy establishing a offset in France.my choice in this is as usual take it or leave it we can't talk without it becoming as screaming
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 6 months ago.

Good morning,

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

You will have to be a little more specific about what it is you need me to answer - you did not really ask anything, you made a number of statements.

In order to assist you, I will ask a few questions to get the ball rolling:

1. Do you want to get a divorce?

2. Are you married in community of property or out of community of property?

3. What doe you mena that your husband "will not be dictated to by a piece of paper?" What paper are you referring to?

4. What do you mean by establishing an offset in France?

Regards

Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon,

This is just a quick note to follow up. Did you find my answer helpful? Is there anything else I can assist you with before you rate the service? Please note that I do not get paid if you do not rate.

Regards