Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

What is the position if a death was not reported to the Master

Customer Question

What is the position if a death was not reported to the Master and no estate arrangements were addressed ? What does one do to resolve?
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

The estate is supposed to be reported to the Master within 14 days after a person dies, however it very often happens that this is not done.

To resolve this, one needs to report the estate to the Master who will appoint an executor and he/she will then administer the estate as any other.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Good afternoon,

This is just a quick note to follow up. Did you find my answer helpful? Is there anything else I can assist you with before you rate the service? Please note that I do not get paid if you do not rate.

Regards