CaseLaw, Attorney
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law

If I provide SaaS auction services in South Africa, are there

Customer Question

If I provide SaaS auction services in South Africa, are there any laws related to taxes on income or legal requirement to incorporate in South Africa?
Many thank!
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question,I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.Yes, there are laws that might require you to pay income tax on income that is generated from your operations within South Africa. There are unfortunately quite complicated international double taxation treaties which need to be taken into account in order to determine the exact answer. It will also depend on which entity is actually providing the service (where is that entity registered) and where that entity actually operates from. e.g. Are the directors within SA, or is there an office in SA, or is there a sale team in SA.Perhaps you can provide me with some more information so that I can assist further.If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer! Good luck and best regards,CaseLaw
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 6 months ago.
Hi there again,I see that you've read my answer and I hope that you understood the answer and that it was useful? If you have a further question please ask it, or if you need clarity on the answer please let me know.If you're happy that I've answered your question, please leave positive feedback for me.RegardsCaseLaw