Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
20266670

I have instituted legal charges

Customer Question

Hi, I have instituted legal charges against my landlord for abusing my tenant rights, breaking all my windows, not providing electricity, not repairing damp, and more - when he broke the windows I called the police, he admitted to doing it, they would not arrest him and told me I could not press charges, but they told HIM that he had done a wrong thing and made him fix it, after they left he poured poision outside my window knowing full well I have asthma and that it could have killed me. I called the police again, they said there's nothing wrong with it, but made him clean it up. Tonight I was charged by my landlord for swearing at him, for calling him a "f**king maniac". I honestly don't remember swearing at him, and the detective said I have a choice, I can either apologise or be charged, I said but how can I apologise for something I never did, so she said fine then we're going to charge you, I was taken to the police station and finger printed, my photo taken, and told to appear in court tomorrow! I said but I'm working, after an argument they said fine, Monday. The one police said it's likely that the judge will sentence me and find me guilty even though there is not proof. Can you tell me where I stand?
Category: South Africa Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, need an immediate answer, I am feeling very traumatized and worried right now, this could ruin my life, and I don't have time for this, I am busy!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, if you're unable to answer me immediately then please can I get a refund, it's late at night, too late to contact a lawyer so I'm reaching out to you because I'm traumatized and want some answers now. If you're unable to answer now then please cancel my request and refund me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Do you still require assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, no, please can you cancel and refund, I have just spoken to a lawyer on the phone who's handling it!