Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.

Managing Agent are charging me admin fees warning letter,

Customer Question

Managing Agent are charging me admin fees for a warning letter, (the Section Rules speak of no such fine for a warning letter). When I query the charge they refer me to the SLA between them and the Body Corporate but the SLA speaks to the admin fees being charged for Demand letters not warning letters. The Agents are arguing it is the same thing.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 6 months ago.
Good morning, Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied. If a letter demands of you to do something or to stop doing something, it will, in my opinion, qualify as a letter of demand (regardless of what the heading of the letter may be). So, you must ask yourself the question, did the "warning letter" require of you to do something or to stop doing something. If so, it will qualify as a letter of demand, in which case I will agree with the Agent. You can, off course, challenge this fact, but it might cost you a whole lot more money to challenge it, than what the fine may be worth. I hope this answered your question. I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information. Regards