CaseLaw, Attorney
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law

I had a loan and credit card with African bank. On June

Customer Question

Hi, I had a loan and credit card with African bank. On June 2014 I was retrenched. I submitted claim to their insurance cover. The insurance paid for three months only. I re submitted in January and February but I did not get any joy. I got a job in August 2015 and they are now hounding me for payments.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: According to the conditions for insurance, they pay for three months and after 6 months if you are still unemployed, they settle the debt.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question,I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.You must then speak to the insurance cover as you did previously and detail exactly when you were retrenched, and when you found a new job. Explain that the shortfall is covered in their insurance policy, and that they need to pay it out.If possible, refer to the clause in the conditions for the insurance.Otherwise, you could hire an attorney to assist you in writing the letter and to represent you, but that's probably money that you don't want to spend?If my answer hasn't answered all of your questions, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - dont just rate my answer as "bad".If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer! Good luck and best regards,CaseLaw
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 6 months ago.
Hi there again,I see that you've read my answer and I hope that you understood the answer and that it was useful? If you have a further question please ask it, or if you need clarity on the answer please let me know.If you're happy that I've answered your question, please leave positive feedback for me.RegardsCaseLaw