Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

Excluding photos taken publically or in a public area, who

Customer Question

Excluding photos taken publically or in a public area, who owns the photos taken of a person while they are growing up?
If this person requests these photos to be handed over from parents or guardians, are they entitled to make this claim?
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

The photo's are the property of the person who took them. They cannot demand that it be handed to them.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards