CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law
31036262

I had an accident with a thirty party and the person had

Customer Question

I had an accident with a thirty party and the person had summon me with a letter to pay his money the time time had an accident I was under out durance but now in not
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

If you were covered with an insurance policy at the time of the accident, then you need to submit a claim to your insurance company for the damage. If you've since cancelled the insurance policy, that won't make any difference - as long as you were covered when you had the accident.

If you've received a legal summons, you need to hand it to outsurance's legal department immediately!

Part of your insurance is that they will deal with any summons / claim against you for accident damage.

Here is their main website with contact details: http://www.outsurance.co.za/about-outsurance/contact-outsurance/

You can phone them on 0860 070 000 tomorrow morning from 7am.

Just remember to have your previous policy number handy, and also your full name and ID number.

They MUST deal with the summons on your behalf.
If my answer hasn't answered all of your questions, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - dont just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,

CaseLaw